I sent my children back to school today, as many others have in our area the last couple of weeks. I worry about them, and then I think about my patients who are also students. I worry about them getting the support they need. I worry that they are using their hearing technology appropriately.
Every one of us uses our hearing to navigate this world, whether it is in the classroom or the boardroom. We each depend on our hearing daily to keep us safe, to communicate with those around us, to stay informed about what is happening in our world.
Hearing connects us in so many ways, and is more important than you might realize. Here are my top five reasons to not delay hearing treatment:
5. You have a reduced risk of developing depression.
4. You keep your brain healthier, reduce your risk for dementia.
3. You are more likely to make more money.
2. You won’t miss out on important conversations.
1. You appear smarter when you answer correctly.
NOW is the time to do something about your hearing. Don't put it off, don't make excuses. You will find that it makes all the difference in the world.